Monday, June 20, 2011

Another Good Day

Today we had extra time with our interpretor so we asked many questions about the Colombian culture
particularily about the holidays they celebrate. We discovered that the Tooth Fairy and Santa Clause do cover this territory but the Easter Bunny doesn't travel this far south. I also asked for more 'terms of endearments' that parents might affectionately call their children. I discovered that the phrase I had been frequently using meant something totally different. So every nite I thought I was doing such a good job of tucking Alejandra Teresa in bed with an endearing phrase of  'good night my pretty girl' en espanol but I was actually saying 'good night sweet chicken.' LOL...Oh well... this 'mother hen' deserves a gold star for effort and her little chicadee an A+ in patience!! :)

This afternoon Alejandra Teresa was playing with other children in the pool again. This time it was dos ninos (two boys). One of the boys had special needs and I was so proud of the way Alejandra Teresa did not shy away from him but engaged him in play and shared all her toys with him for the whole time she was in the pool. She also gave her only towel to the other boy who needed to leave early.We are so proud of her!

Our meeting with the psychologist and social worker went very well. She gave us the 'thumbs up' so tomorrow our paperwork will start moving through the judicial system here. They both thought Thursday was
a realistic date for us to expect to appear before the judge...keep your fingers crossed.

We also found out the Alejandra Teresa is showing more signs of being a true Brennan...she LOVES all the Shrek movies and she WANTS to wear suncreen to protect her skin. If she asks me to buy her a sombero tomorrow I know I'm in big trouble.LOL!

Missing all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news about your upcoming Sentencia!

    Congrats on the new addition to your familia. I look forward to more posts :).

    -Anne (Mami to Oscar, Diana, Mayerly & Claudia from Bogota, Colombia - all home in the US in 2009)

    ReplyDelete